Stage 4 – Chauny to Saint Quentin

Stage 4 Chauny to Saint Quentin looks flattish but isn’t. It’s one of those stages where you never really get any rest. If you’re not piling it on to stay in touch going downhill, you’re burning up your legs on a wee incline. And if that is true for 80% of the stage, then the other 20% offers a brief opportunity to pay virtual homage to the River Somme because it’s the focus of both the descent and the climb at Saint Quentin at the 18 mile mark.

But offering only 248ft of ascent over its 25 mile distance, stage 4 is chance to get the hammer down.

RGT Magic Road code: gGKELcmWwiRM

Total distance: 40149 m
Max elevation: 168 m
Min elevation: 92 m
Total climbing: 83 m
Total descent: -130 m

Help kids fighting neuroblastoma. Visit: